Pages

Saturday 16 July 2011

Raving About - MFT Mini Rolled Roses

While waiting for the paper roses I ordered online to arrive, I have been using one of my favorite die cuts ever. The mini rolled roses die from My Favorite Things is my go to flowers as replacements (I got mine from Simon Says Stamp). I was so addicted that I spent one evening diecutting, rolling and hot gluing these babies. This is a thin diecut but I was able to use felt as my material (hence using hot glue). It works well with cardstock and patterned paper, but the thickest material I have tried so far is felt and it still looks pretty.


Here's a sample of a card a made (using a Magnolia stamp of course :) ) to showcase the rolled roses:

Tilda carrying hearts
Materials: Bazzill Cardstock, Lily Bee patterned papers, Prima Flowers, Robin's Nest dew drops
Stamping: Magnolia stamp, misc flourish stamp, Memento Ink, Hero Arts Hues Ink
Others: Misc ribbon, Felt, MFT mini rolled roses die, felt, Spellbinder die, EK Success punch, Distress Ink, Mitsubishi white pen
Here's some close-ups of the card:




Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. this little card is just wonderful & I LOVE the rolled felt flowers. I'm trying to find those dies so I can have a play with them & some felt too. Looks like a great embellishment to use on our cards & other projects.
    Janie

    ReplyDelete