Pages

Sunday 1 February 2015

You are my Valentine


Hi everybody!

It's already the 2nd month of the year and I wonder, where did January go? I feel like I slept the whole month what with my strange work hours and my lack of socialization (except in FB).. lol .. But I hope yours was a good one.

After almost a month I was finally able to get my club kit. So full of cuteness! I colored one of them and I had so much fun coloring that I colored several more and made the same cards with it. I thought they looked cute enough to give away for valentines day.

Sorry I can only share 1 photo since my camera is currently not available and my camera phone is not the most advanced one.. lol..



You are My Valentine Tilda
Materials: Cardstock - Simon Says Stamp Card Base; Daler Rowney Cold Pressed Watercolor Paper; Distress Ink; Patterned Paper - Pebbles Ink; Stickles, Sequins, Uniball Signo White Pen
Stamping: You are my Valentine from the Lovely Duos Collection; Archival Ink in Jet Black; Distress Reinkers


Some techniques I've done for this card..

1) For the background, I used a good wet on wet watercolor paper and painted it with different shades of blue Distress Inks. When it was completely dried I applied droplets of water and moved the paper around to take out some of the Distress ink and then blotted it with a paper towel. It makes for a cool bokeh effect. I picked up this technique from Kristina Werner who makes fantastic cards :)

2) Shaker cards are really trendy nowadays. To make the shaker cards instead of using foam tape to create a well for the beads and sequins, I die cut some fun foam.

3) To add to the bokeh effect of the card's background, I added sequins of 2 sizes.

4) I am not a fan of my handwriting but I wanted to try if I can improve my script. The sentiment is handwritten.

Thank you so much for dropping by :)



No comments:

Post a Comment