Pages

Thursday 16 February 2012

.. Because dreams really do come true ..

A week ago, I received an email of a lifetime. I was asked by Asa from Magnolia if I would be interested in joining the Magnolia Design Team. My initial reaction was a scream of delight! I have never felt this much excitement in a very long time and my heart and head is filled with so much joy that I thought I was going to burst! I have been a crafter for quite a while now. I’ve always dreamed of being on a manufacturer’s design team but I knew it was a shot in the moon. I know I can do arts and crafts but the caliber of talent in this craft is just unbelievable. I’ve always viewed this hobby as an outlet for any creativity I may have. Cardmaking makes me happy which for me is the point of why I am doing this  :)  When I am in front of stamps and color and paper and flowers, I transport myself to a happy place. But being a part of this takes it to a whole new level. By some amazing grace, somebody took notice of what I can do and liked it enough to be asked to be a part of a team. It’s really a dream come true.
So I said yes!
I am now a member of the Magnolia Design Team :) I am excited and scared at the same time. I am excited because I am just in love with Magnolia stamps – I love losing my time with them, I love collecting them, looking at my special box of really amazing stamps and creating crafts with them :) But I am also scared because being a part of something as good as this, I am intimidated by the talent that abounds this very special group. A few days ago, I was just a crafter who was amazed at the design teams’ blogs and now.. well .. I am part of the team as I should say. It remains surreal to me.
Being a fan for a long time, the design team are superstars for me. I would read their blogs, see their creations in the magazine, and be challenged thru TOMIC every week. During this week when I was introduced as a new member, they have warmly welcomed me and I would like to thank everybody :) Big hugs to all of you!
I am looking forward to growing as a crafter with this opportunity and I hope in my little way I get to inspire all of you too :)
Thank you for stopping by :)

5 comments:

  1. A big welcome to the team Pearl! I am so happy that you said yes, and am so looking forward to see more of your wonderful Magnolia creations:)))
    Love from Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most amazing fantastic, exciting news I have ever heard. I am absolutely thrilled for you Pearl. You have nothing to worry about your cards are amazing, thats why I started following you. I saw your card on a challenge that I was also entering and it stood out that's why I had to follow you because they and your talent are stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Pearl!!!
    I had a look and really liked your cards and coloring.
    Really nice to see someone from Singapore on the DT...
    I am also a Magnolia fan and I live near the Australian School.
    Hugs
    Marcelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Pearl! I'm so happy and proud of you! Your creations are amazing!

    Your new follower,
    Mae

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pearl,

    Welcome to our Design Team! Your creations are awesome! Congratulations!

    Big hugs from Holland,
    Monique xxx

    ReplyDelete